Saturday, July 12, 2014

Planning, Preparing, and Packing

Efata Baptist Church - Iquitos, Peru
Planning, Preparing, and Packing - that pretty much sums up what I've been doing lately!  With only about 7 weeks left until furlough, I've been trying to get some packing done every day!  Needless to say, my days have been busy!  I'm actually packing twice right now to save having to pack again later.  Packing twice????  Yes, I'm packing for furlough (suitcases, etc.) and I'm also packing up the house so that we'll be ready to move when we get back from furlough.  MOVE?!?!?  Yes, the Lord is moving us to Iquitos, Peru.  We are excited about all that the Lord has for us there.  This city is special to me because when I first started praying about marrying Matt (already knowing he was coming to Peru as a missionary to the Deaf), the Lord directed my attention to this city, and I started praying for this city.  Now I get to live there!  Iquitos is considered to be the world's largest city that is inaccessible by road!  You can only get there by plane or by boat.  Isn't that exciting?!?
Not only are we packing, but we are preparing for furlough and for our ministry in Iquitos.  I've also been busy with school plans for the kids.  I've been trying to get things in order and gather all the school materials I will be needing from now until our next furlough.  I get so wrapped up in my plans sometimes, that I plan myself right into oblivion!  Am I the only Mom who does that?  The kids are doing well.  They are loving school (Martha's in 1st grade and Ian's in K4) and especially loving having a baby sister!  I'm not sure Phebe always appreciates their displays of affection, but I am grateful that Martha and Ian love Phebe!  As I am writing this, Martha and Ian are lying on the floor next to Phebe.  They are telling her stories, making weird noises and laughing hysterically at every reaction of Phebe!
Matt's Birthday Cake
We also recently celebrated Matt's birthday.  We had a family celebration, then about a week after his birthday, the Deaf came to the house to for another celebration!  They brought him a cake and a agenda book.  We had each one of them sign it on the inside.  What a special treasure!  I think it's safe to say he had a great birthday!


Iquitos, Peru

2 comments:

  1. Bless you! These days are soooo busy for you! We've done that several times--getting EVERYTHING packed up, and with little ones. Somehow--by the grace of God--we survived, and so will you. Praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy seeing pictures of the kids! :) they are all so precious. And that cake is too cute! :) have a lovely day, I'm praying for you all, <3

    ReplyDelete