Sunday, September 15, 2013

What to do when you can´t do anything

Greetings!  What a strange title for a blog, right?  Well, I´ve been thinking about this topic for several days now, and thought I would take a few moments and share with you what I´ve been doing since I can´t do anything!  By now you are wondering WHY I can´t do anything.....well, I´ll tell you.....we are expecting our third baby!!  Everything is going fairly smooth.....I am delightfully nauseated (like a good, pregnant lady should be!), not walking about much (Doc´s orders), and resting (also Doc´s orders)!
So...what am I doing...?
1.  Learning how to type on Hubby´s computer. 
     Now why would that be something I need to learn?  He bought this computer here in Peru - the keyboard has all the English characters plus the Spanish characters!  This means that the keyboard is differently arranged - all the punctuation marks are in different places from what I´m used to!  Talk about a challenge!  But if I can learn to wash my clothes in Spanish (all the words on the washer and dryer are in Spanish), I can learn to type on a Spanish keyboard!
2.  Sewing projects
     Now I have time for all those sewing projects that I want to get done.  I´ve been crocheting and cross-stitching - not at the same time of course!  I haven´t graduated to that level of talent just yet!
3.  Reading
     I´m rereading old favorites, and working on new books.  Now I have time to study my Ham Radio Operator´s Manual - with the goal of getting my Ham Radio Operator´s license. 
4.  Praying
     I didn´t put prayer last because it is the least important.  I put it last because it has become the most precious use of my time.  Since I´ve had all this time, I got to asking the Lord what I could do - something profitable for the benefit and blessing of others.  Naturally, I considered what I could do with my hands for others...all the while the Holy Spirit was nudging me to see the obvious.  All right - let me be completely honest here - I made the mistake of thinking that praying was not doing.  The Holy Spirit nudged harder until I saw my folly - what could possibly be a better use of my time to be a benefit and a blessing to those around me?  Right now I can´t go to Callao with Hubby, but in prayer, I can go with him.  I´ve been often reminded lately of the precious hymn ¨Little is much when God is in it.¨  One of the verses says, ¨Are you laid aside from service, body worn with toil and care?  You can still be in the battle, in the sacred place of prayer.¨  And that is exactly where I want to be - in the sacred place. 
Yes, I´ll admit some days seem to drag by, but I know my Lord is walking with me, teaching me things now that will bless the rest of my life - and hopefully those around me!  Some days my attitude is raunchy - sad, but true.  Praise the Lord for His love and patience - it never fails.  Psalm 91 is my constant source of comfort and strength.
You know, I don´t have all the answers, nor am I a ¨super-Christian¨ by any stretch of the imagination.  I just wanted to share my heart with you this morning.  Hopefully, the things I learn will be a blessing to someone coming behind me, or to those who walk beside me.  I pray you will have a blessed day with our Saviour today! 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Sarah on your pregnancy!! I will be praying for you, baby, and family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwaps,
    Salamat kay naa na pud ang inyong 3rd child hope nga magtakecare ka sa imong health ug regards to all.miss you,

    Lyn,

    ReplyDelete