Monday, April 8, 2013

Strength as my day

After 1,000 cups of coffee (okay, okay...maybe not quite THAT many), and several bottles of Coca-Cola.....our taxes are done!  Most people make their resolutions for a better year on January 1st.  I make mine as soon as I get done haggling, struggling, agonizing, and lamenting over the taxes!  You know, better receipt keeping, better organized, better.....you get the idea!
I'm confessing here to failing miserably at following Philippians 4:8-9!  In fact, last night I was actually growling at the verses that are posted on the wall above my sink - as if that changes anything!  Today, while I was waiting for help from the tax people (you know, take a number and wait.....), I had the Christian radio station playing on the computer.  They were playing "He Hideth My Soul."  In the second verse there is a phrase that says, "He giveth me strength as my day."  I have often puzzled over that phrase...what exactly was Fanny Crosby trying to say?  I realized today what it means...some days are tougher than others - those are the days when I need more strength.  God gives us the measure of strength according to what we need for each day - for all the trials and blessings, the ups and downs, the joys, the doubts, and the fears.  Isn't God so wonderful to give us exactly what we need, when we need it, and in just the right measurement?
May you be blessed today with strength as your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment