Monday, May 18, 2015

A Leap of Faith

In about 3 weeks time, I will be living in a new house, next to new neighbors, in a new city, helping my husband start a new church.  Exciting? Incredibly!  Nervous?  Absolutely!!! Scared (out of my mind)?  Yes.
On our recent trip to Iquitos, Peru, God gave us a house.  While it doesn't have the yard and the avocado tree we have been praying for, it has exactly what God wants for us to have for our house - a place to start a church.
Exciting?  Incredibly!  We have neighbors.  We have neighbors who have children.  We have families all around us who need Christ.  We have the opportunity, the privilege, and the command to reach out to these families for Christ.  And the Deaf?  Absolutely! We have the opportunity to reach more Deaf and their families for Christ.  We are so excited about all the possibilities!
Nervous??  Scared??  Yes.  I battle with the fears of the unknown.  I struggle with the anxiety of packing and shipping our things to a new location.  I feel concern for my children as they leave behind friends and playmates.  I worry about bugs and other creepy crawlies (Note:  How is it I could be so brave and invincible towards bugs when I was a single missionary, but now that I am married and have my own children "every thing that creepeth upon the earth" sends me into an orbit of panic and terror?!?!?!?)  I feel sad to leave behind people who have become as dear to me as my own family.
Yet in the midst of all these feelings, my mind echoes with the beautiful verses of Romans 8.  It is no accident God led me to study this precious chapter during this month.  He knew I would need those verses - those verses of comfort and strength.  Verses of hope and encouragement.  Verses that remind me of His unfailing love and grace.  Verses that tell me that no matter what happens, He is in control and He allows everything for my good.  Verses that remind me that I am MORE than a conqueror through Christ!
I rest in the comfort of knowing that as I take this step leap of faith, God is with me.  He is holding my hand and walking with me.  He is already there in the future, waiting to catch me as I take that leap....yes, into the dark unknown.  But more than that....into the next part of His perfect plan for my life and the life of my family.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you with understanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will also be moving within three to four weeks time. I find that a coincidence, or maybe not, that God is leading you and I down the same path at the very same time. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad for you! This is such an exciting time for your family. God bless you as you reach new people for Him!

    ReplyDelete