Monday, August 25, 2014

A Glimpse of Heaven

In my last post, I mentioned listening to my friend's Japanese Radio Station.  Yes, I'm listening to it as I type these thoughts.  While listening to the station recently, I heard "Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee" sung in Japanese.  This morning I heard "How Great Thou Art."
It's a funny thing about knowing a foreign language.  After a while you begin to think in that language.  I still find myself thinking in Cebuano occasionally - usually when I 'm trying to "wax eloquent" in Spanish!
Anyways, as I was listening to "How Great Thou Art" in Japanese, I found myself singing the words in Spanish.  The same thought crossed my mind this morning as it did when I heard "Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee" being sung in Japanese.
Beloved, how often do we stop to think of how wonderful Heaven will really be?  "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; and cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb."  Revelation 7:9-10
Can you imagine hearing something like "The Hallelujah Chorus" being sung in many different languages?  Wow!  To me, that is something exciting to think about!  I think of all the friends that God has given me who are missionaries.  I have friends who know Swahili, French, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, English, Cebuano, Portuguese, and Sign Language -  just to name a few!  What a beautiful sight and sound it will be in Heaven to hear all those languages!  Will the Deaf need to use Sign Language in Heaven?  I don't think so, but I think we'll use it anyway - it is truly a beautiful language!
I really have to laugh at myself!  I listen to a Japanese Radio Station, and find myself singing the songs in Spanish, English, or Sign Language.  Yet, what a beautiful glimpse of Heaven my Lord gives me!

No comments:

Post a Comment